I board a plane headed for San Pedro Sula, Honduras. The leetle brother is there, waiting for me, and since it’s been four and a half years since I’ve been there, I think I’m probably even much more excited than he is. Having been through a super-duper crazy fall, crammed full of weddings, has also heightened my looking forward to this trip. It’s practically like a honeymoon, honey-free!
While there, I intend to:
- Go to Erandique to my old stomping grounds, and sit in the park and people-watch.
- Look at the sky a lot. It’s much more interesting there than here.
- Maybe go to the beach and eat camaron al ajillo while basking in the glorious sunshine.
- Tie the brother up (her idea) and go gallivanting with an old friend who is now married with a kid, and still just as sarcastic as ever.
- Eat baleadas every chance I get, not to mention mangoes and zambos picositos and tamales and lichas and tortillas and coffee and tacos and OH! Can’t wait. Honduran food really is my comfort food.
- Admire the leetle brother being all grown up and running a bookstore and living on his own. Possibly try to bring him back home with me, or just stay there with him.
I may be too busy eating and seeing and smelling and being for pictures, but I shall try to post for you if I can get around to it. After all, what is an international trip, if not to make everyone else exceedingly jealous?